Monday, September 14, 2009

Running to the Bus Stop

This morning at about 7:30 I had the bright idea that we could walk to the bus stop. Note: her bus is scheduled to come at 8:08am. Not a problem... right? Well, I didn't realize how far it was. We started walking at a brisk pace around 7:36 after everyone got their shoes on and Cecelia grabbed her backpack. Soon, we were walking down the path and enjoying our walk as the girls lamented the fact that we did not take our bikes. Then I looked at my watch and we were at 7:53 and I knew we were close to missing it. We still had the boardwalk to cross and I started to worry if it was two boardwalks that we had to cross. When we got to the end of the boardwalk and were ready to take a left to walk down the street, we were at 8:00 and I saw the bus round the corner. I told her girls to run....
We made it after a little running and Cecelia got on the bus just in the nick of time. So, I guess we need to start out a little earlier if we are going to make it to the bus on time at a walking pace. We practically ran/walked the entire way there and still barely made it.
After Cecelia got on the bus, Sophia said: "Mom, can we WALK home???" lol I told her we would take our time walking home and look for birds. She was satisfied with this and for the rest of the way home, we took our time and smelled the roses along the way.
We made it home at 9:15.
Then, homeschooling began and our day once again moved into routine. *sigh* My great ideas are not always brilliant...

2 comments:

  1. How far do you have to go to catch a bus???? Sounds like it isn't too convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea... maybe a couple miles? It's not that convenient to walk, but it's a nice walk. It's right off our walking path, so it's a great walk. However, it's not really a very convenient or fast roubt. It's far faster to drive. :) Alas, I do know that if anything were to happen whereby I would be out of a car, it is possible to walk, we just need extra time.

    ReplyDelete