Sunday, September 27, 2009

Excited for College

Tuesday I get back into the swing of college. It's been a fun summer off and I'm blessed to have had it. For the next two years, I will always have assignments and presentations to complete. The workload will increase and the mental stimulation might exhaust me. Alas, it is incredibly enjoyable to be in that environment. Of course, I also do love the excuse to sit down by the fire with a cup of coffee or a latte and read and write academically everyday. I guess that is simply one perk to going to college online.
I checked into my student website this morning to discover that my professor has finally been posted as well as the roster of students. I will be one of 17 people in my class and that seems somehow wonderful. The previous classes were between 25 and 30 people and this seems much more intimate.
Excited, expectant, joyous, scared, and jumbled... these are the emotions that fling through my mind with rapid-fire. It's like stepping off a precipice into the unknown, but having the faith that there will be someone to catch you. It will be a fun ride. I will learn so much.
Learning how to schedule myself an appropriate amount of time to complete excellent work (and thus receive excellent grades) was a challenge last time around. However, I worked it out and managed to do just that. After all, when you are paying so much to go to college, it seems stupid to squander the opportunity by doing everything sub-par.
*cheers* to new beginnings and new adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment