Sunday, September 20, 2009

It hit me

Standing in my black robe with the tassel dancing in front of my eye, I surveyed the festivities with mixed emotions. Then, as I sat there with my peers and considered what the last 2 years have meant to me, it hit me. The emotions rushed through me and tears welled up in my eyes. Yes, indeed, I had done it. I had set out to accomplish a goal and accomplished it. Possibly the reason why this has never hit me before is simply because the pomp and circumstance of a graduation ceremony is designed to showcase these moments and recognize these years. In fact, it not only hit me that I had somehow managed to be a mom of four and full-time college student, but I was extremely grateful that I have such an amazing family.
For only a moment, I felt it... I really felt it. As we were leaving the ceremony, my husband grabbed my hand and told me how proud of me he was. There I was, standing with the man that I love dearly and feeling blessed to have such amazing opportunities and the stamina to get it all accomplished.

3 comments: