Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happiness is Confidence

I just got the call from Dunn Bros that I can finally hang my pieces on their wall. Then, I got home and the mailman brought my business cards. It is all coming together!
Tonight is going to be a crazy evening with the Back to School night at Cecelia's school and hanging all my artwork. However, I'm completely thrilled and excited to attack this evening with energy.
There is something about finally getting my work on the wall that always seems so wonderful. The past couple of weeks I've been worrying and rethinking every piece. In addition, I find myself feeling less that adequate concerning all my art. Sometimes the thoughts tend around the: "am I good enough?" or "why the hell did I even embark on this art adventure". Then, I remember the good that being an artist has been for me. I try to claim my role in the art world and stand by my work with pride. It's always a struggle right before a show to be confident in who I am and what I do.
However, I find that once I am actually hanging my artwork, I gain my confidence back. It all falls in place and I can stand proudly before my walls of work and embrace who I am with positivity.
Honestly, I'm happy today. Partially because I had a wonderful afternoon lunch with my mother in law and sisters in laws at Sunsets. We gathered to have a women's lunch before my sil goes off to Princeton. There is something special about marking these last moments of summer as a family.
*sigh*
Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment