Friday, September 11, 2009

Perfectly Boring Dates

We cared for my two sisters all last weekend and thus felt confident that we could ask mom and dad to take our four for one evening this weekend. Well, tonight is the night.... Most people would spend the evening having a fabulous date. For example, going out to a nice restaurant and ordering my favorite indulgences including excellent cheese, tuna steak, and chocolate. Then after this possibly a movie or dancing with a night cap at home that would include ... well you know.
My agenda for this evening is pretty much rest. There will be (that other thing) *wink*, but honestly... I'm ready to simply relax. This week has been nuts and having it follow on the heels of a weekend where I had 8 people in the house and buckets of apples to process, well that just makes tonight a night to relax. In addition, I still have several gallons of apples sitting in my kitchen that I'm boycotting right now. I'm so tired of processing applesauce and apple butter. I will do more... but not today. Today, I boycott processing food.
I will pick up Cecelia from school and bring the kids and their overnight bag. Then, I will drive to moms and drop them off. After this, the only obligation that I have is to go to my art-opening. I don't expect a huge turnout. I never got invitations out to my contact list, nor did I market it too well. Consequently, I will be there to answer questions and/or enjoy a moment with the friends that can make it. I know I should have made more of an effort with my art show. However, my energies as they are and my summer as it has been, I did what I could do.
After this (which will end promptly at 8pm because for some reason no one needs coffee past this time at Dunn Bros), I plan on relaxing with my husband. No food plans, no going out plans, just relaxing plans. Oh and I almost forgot, the most important part... sleeping in!
Yes, I will admit it, I'm totally boring. Maybe my husband will think of something fabulous to do. Most likely he will have something. He's nice and spontaneous like that. However, if he has nothing planned, I will not be frustrated because really all I want is to rest and to go to sleep early... and wake up LATE! [Late for us tends to be around 7:30am]

What is the most boring date plans that you had, yet the evening went perfectly and/or was exactly what you needed?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful night *wink wink* and I hope your show is a success. Which Dunn Bros? I've missed all your others and would love to see some of your work in person since I know how good it is. Get some rest, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dunn Bros in Plymouth off of Vicksburg Lane. The artwork will be up all September (or should I state- I have to get it down by October- so really it's only a couple more weeks).

    I'm excited to spend the rest of my evening simply relaxing. Thanks for subscribing Jen!

    ReplyDelete