Wednesday, September 16, 2009

mom drive on me

Yesterday evening, I was caring for my two nephews for a few hours while their parents went out. Isaiah is Jack's age (but 8 months younger) and they get along very well. I knew that putting two 2 year olds in the same room to sleep might not have been a smart idea, but I figured that having Jack talk to him was possibly the best distraction Isaiah would ever have from the knowledge that he wasn't falling asleep in his own bed.
So, I put them to bed together and the boys took their blankies and settled in.
After a little while, I went down and sat on the steps to hear their little conversation. Jack was doing much of the talking and Isaiah was responding every once in awhile. Then, they got on a topic that both of them got excited. [I literally was sitting on the steps typing their conversation]
Jack: I got owie cuz I bleedin'
Isaiah: you got owie? see that owie?
Jack: yeah, I see your owie, oh you have an owie right there
Isaiah: look it
Jack: this one is a big one, it feel better...
Isaiah: no it not feel better
Jack: this one is too big but it's ok
Isaiah: oh no
Jack: we got to cut it this piece, mom has to hold it and cut it
Isaiah: bite it and wipe it
Jack: and take it out and we just take it out and eat it, can you have it?
Isaiah: you can't take that
Jack: no rub it, don't pick it, I leave it alone
Isaiah: yeah
Jack: see this one? oh yeah, well mom drive on me
Isaiah: oh
Jack: mom give me fruit snacks

Then after a minute, Jack said: "bye bye" and ran out of the room. He caught me typing their conversation and said: "I see you mom!" lol
The most funny thing about this entire 2 year old conversation is the fact that telling tall tales starts so early! I was surprised to hear Jack's owie conversation turn into something that I might have heard grown men discussing (or at least teenagers). "Oh yeah, well this one time... I broke this because..." or "Well this fish, it was THIS big..."
What stories did you tell as a child? Do you remember any of the fantastic lies that you told your friends in an attempt to impress them?

No comments:

Post a Comment