Thursday, September 24, 2009

Broken Fridge

A couple days ago, the fridge began complaining rather loudly. My husband knew that this was the beginning of the end for our fridge and each day we celebrated that it still was cold.
However, yesterday evening, I discovered that it was no longer cold. *sigh*
We immediately began the relay of food. We moved everything to a fridge in the basement that kinda-sorta works. We have been using this fridge for our stash of homemade soda. As I was pushing possibly 10 gallons of bottled soda aside to fit my yogurt, milk, and eggs, my thoughts turned to the positive. With a fridge in the basement, I might get more exercise. After all, I will have to run downstairs to get everything we need and then run back downstairs to put it back. The kids filled up laundry bins with food and I carried it down and squeezed the syrup, jam, and pork loin in with the soda. When we finally got everything from the fridge into the basement, I opened the upstairs freezer to discover that the ice was not even melted. huh... So, our freezer downstairs has some stuff, our freezer upstairs has some stuff... and the fridge downstairs is packed solid.
Anyone want some soda?
This morning as I was getting cereal for everyone, I walked up and down the stairs 7 times. Yes... 7.
I choose to think about this positively. Maybe I will simply lose some weight from all the running up and down the stairs. In addition, I deep-cleaned my laundry room yesterday (where the fridge is) and deep cleaned my oven and the upstairs fridge- so I don't have to clean a smelly fridge because I already did it. [I'm in deep-cleaning mode because my school starts again next week and I know that for another 1.5 - 2 years, I will be more worried about power points and projects than deep-cleaning.]
Honestly, I could use some good luck right now. Nothing else can break... we've had too many things break on us recently. Jobs need to start coming our way. We need to sell the boat.
That's just where I am today. A little frustrated and muddled, but remembering that I need to stay positive. Maybe I can lose 5 lbs before the fridge is fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment