Thursday, October 15, 2009

payback

This morning, we had a comical conversation with our 4 year old, Sophia. She is wearing a bright pink fluffy dress and holding her baby Mia with a little toy phone.

My husband and I were sitting together drinking coffee...

"Mom, Dad.... be quiet, I'm going to make a phone call."
My husband and I smiled mischievously and said: "We will be as quiet as you are when we are on the phone." *smile*
She takes her phone and starts pounding on the keys, certainly dialing some 20+ numbers for good measure. She places the phone to her ear and says: "Hi, how are you today?"
My husband and I interrupt.
"SOPHIA!!! SOPHIA, SOPHIA, SOPHIA, SOPHIA...CAN I GET A DRINK. SOPHIA I NEED YOU. SOPHIA CAN I HAVE A TREAT. JACK TOUCHED ME SOPHIA, HE'S BOTHERIN' ME. SOPHIA.... SOOOOPHIIIIIIAAAAA!"
She frowned and said: "guys stop hollerin' I'm trying to make a phone call!"

lol
I don't think she got it, but it was funny :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness... that is too funny!!! I guess all kids are that way! I know mine are... My mom used to say to me all the time when I was little, in a rhyming tone..."Leave me ALONE when I'm on the PHONE." It's funny to think about that now, and I say the same little rhyme to my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete