Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye Summer

As August comes to a close and September whips up the fall atmosphere into a scheduled frenzy, I find myself trying to squeeze every last drop out of summer. In this spring, I finished my degree and took the summer off to regroup and enjoy some time away from the constant studying that occupied my life for 2 years. So, this summer was a gift to myself and my family in more ways than one.
Now, with school approaching for my oldest and homeschooling approaching for my second child, I see the scheduling and the craziness that fall inevitably brings. In addition, I will be going back to college on September 29th.

*sigh*

So, this weekend has been a little scattered and definitely very spontaneous. We spent the weekend as a family. Today we decided to go to Duluth for a day trip. As we came back, I was tired but very satisfied. Our family adventures are so much fun.

I have many stories to write... but for now I sit enjoying the cool breeze. Summer is almost over and school will soon be here. I can feel the change before me and I'm satisfied with the anticipation that these changes bring. It is without regrets that I see this beautiful summer become a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment